Fowle is an underwriter at heart with his industry roots based in both the company and Lloyd’s markets. Following Chaucer’s change in ownership in 2018 from The Hanover Group to China Re, he has been busy developing the group’s ambitious strategy going forward, which has included a strong US drive, increasing its capital base and the launch of a class 4 reinsurer in Bermuda, among other things.
In a wide-ranging interview, we invite Fowle to discuss a variety of topics, including:
- Emerging opportunities from the new Belt and Road consortium at Lloyd’s
- Chaucer’s underwriting appetite following China Re’s acquisition
- US growth plans and plans for emerging markets
- The drivers behind the launch of a class 4 reinsurer in Bermuda
- The Lloyd’s market’s modernisation journey and future of the market
- How Chaucer is addressing ESG
“When we left The Hanover, we did that by mutual consent because we had this issue about whether it would be appropriate for The Hanover to let us grow the way we felt we should and could grow as Chaucer. By becoming part of China Re, that deals with that problem”
Don’t miss out on this exclusive interview on The Insurer TV if you want to find out what’s next for Chaucer…
More content and video interviews with industry experts are coming soon on theinsurer.com/tv - stay tuned!