But how is climate risk motivating stakeholders in the risk mitigation and transfer chain to re-evaluate the way they look at nat cat risk and how prepared is the industry to help its clients transition to a low-carbon economy?
In our first episode of Risk Spotlight, together with WTW’s Lisa Lipuma, Director, Risk & Analytics, and Ben Fidlow, Global Head of Core Analytics, and Mike Gosselin, CUO – Specialty at Liberty Specialty Markets, we seek to answer these pressing questions, covering:
- The evidence of the impact of climate change on risk
- The trouble with climate modelling accuracy at present – particularly in relation to wildfires and tornadoes
- The impact and use of technology for more robust data collection processes which are enabling better event prediction capabilities
- Climate change as an amplifier of all risks, not just the more obvious ones
- The urgency to better identify how climate can impact a client’s assets, and to pay claims more quickly
- The pivotal role the industry must play in climate transitioning
- Climate resilience and the future significance of close collaboration between all industries, including public-private partnerships
The Risk Spotlight series is the The Insurer TV’s new asset for 2022 set to answer the industry’s biggest questions.
During a concise and insightful docufilm, we will endeavour to answer a key question associated to a specific business line or part of the market and unpack the drivers behind some of key trends and market conditions the industry is witnessing.