Close Quarter with ABIR’s John Huff
Welcome to our latest episode of Close Quarter with John Huff, president and chief executive officer of the Association of Bermuda Insurers and Reinsurers (ABIR), where he directs the worldwide public policy initiatives.
Following the recent G7 proposals on tax harmonisation, which could have a significant impact on low-tax jurisdictions, we invite our guest to discuss these matters, starting with what ABIR is and what it represents.
During the 10-minute interview, we cover:
- What the G7 proposals on tax harmonisation could mean for Bermuda
- Why it’s important for jurisdictions to be able to “chart their own path” on tax regimes
- Bermuda’s competitive tools
- The importance of maintaining the use of deferred tax accounting
- Bermuda’s message to the global (re)insurance industry and governments
Don’t miss out on our exclusive interview on The Insurer TV – an essential viewing for anyone interested in Bermuda and its future as a centre of (re)insurance.
More exclusive content and video interviews with industry experts are coming soon on theinsurer.com/tv - stay tuned!